March 1, 2011

Weekend Recap. (I guess thats what we will call this)

I went to work on Thursday with little to no drama getting to New York, I LOOOOOVE little to no drama commuting!
2 PHX and a fake 3 day with a layover in Boston!  Almost NO drama.
Of course it HAD to be drama filled on MY last leg. I say my last leg because I was getting off in Las Vegas as the 2 guys I was working with continued back to JFK. That morning BOS got some snow. My favorite pilot EVER (I say ever because I have known him for about 13 years now I worked with him at RIA before B6) reassured me everything would be cleared up that evening AND IT WAS (again he IS my favorite) of course the flight was a titch late probably due to routing or something, I have no idea I was eating a burrito. The winds were bad, as they had been all week going west bound, and our Capt for the night told us to prepare for a possible landing in DEN. Ummm really?!?!  If you cant make it from BOS to LAS without a stop (stopping for extra gas) then you probably shouldnt be a captain... just sayin'  However we ended up making it without an extra stop! YAH!!!!
But the push back was far from eventless... apparently there were some words exchanged in the middle of the safety demo with a co-worker/friend and these two DBs NEEDED to get off.. and after I heard what was said and what he was called... there was NO doubt these two got off.. Of course you never know how that will go so when in the middle of the demo he called to prepare for arrival I was kinda annoyed (I was trying to catch a flight and all) but it went off without a hitch and like I said after I found out what happend I was happy they got off.
Of course I missed the 1155pm from LAS to MSP on Suncountry and got bumped from the 1am from LAS to MSP on Delta. Only to be sad and tired in the airport and be picked up by a family friend who brought me to my moms house for a quick nap and refresh and she also dropped me off at the airport in the morning to try and catch other flights (THANKS BONNIE! ) I ended up catching a 10 am but by the time you get home and settled its way passed 4 pm due to the time change and Ive lost the whole day.
- So that was my uneventful, for the most, part weekend-

Friday, Tony was incharge of bringing Ava to her 18 month check up.. She's still a nugget for height at 30.5 inches and 25 lbs for weight. Dr Mark is not concerned with her ANYTHINGs because she follows her "line" as she should. Her vocabulary is good and right at par with her age group as well as skills. If shes not at par shes above in skills, either way she is a healthy toddler :D

Smiley Ava at 18 months
My mom came over today for a hair cut and to visit Ava, and to see me :)  She agreed I finally looked pregnant which Tony summed up with its only just come to finally looking pregnant about 3 weeks ago... I agreed.  Tony went back to bed after Ava had an early awakening 5:15am :/ and I resentfully stayed up.. Honestly after only 8 hours of sleep in 2 nights I think I deserved to be a bit annoyed. (He did say he would stay up but I figured he needed a break after his weekend "alone")
So I was so happy that grandma wanted to visit. We went to walmart, to get a potty teaching chair for Ava and look for a baby doll for the bath. Well between Grams and Ava... they had about 25 MINI babies in the cart and all these random balls. Ava made out like a bandit, I wont lie, and I said NO, to tons of other stuff she wanted to spoil her with, but it was SO much fun.

Packing the cart with babies. There was about 25 mini babies in the cart prior to this picture

Balls Balls Balls... we got the Green ball for St Patricks day

Bathtime Baby
Other things on our agenda this week range from amazing things like sewing new velcro on our diapers, to Auntie Kate coming to visit and a possible Home and Garden show outting ( I decided I wanted to go) and hopefully SUSHI  in Minneapolis, kid free ::crosses fingers::

Oooh and I got the cutest flowers from Tony for birthday week!
Yep I still havent decorated my shelves... UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment