February 10, 2011

Double Digits & The Childrens Museum

Today we arrived in the double digits on Lila's ESTIMATED arrival.
I wouldn't mind to go early. . . Just Sayin'!
It makes me feel better that her room is painted.. because, not that we are procrastinators- because we aren't-, we/ TONY just works a lot of overtime when its offered so we still haven't put up the chair rail. Avas dresser still isn't painted (that has more to do with the SUPER cold weather) and the furniture still isn't set up (again, more to do with the fact we don't want Ava to see the crib and revert back to it) but STILL.  Adding to the things we would like to do.. we want to decorate / paint our bedroom... I have a few ideas but nothing I ran by Tony yet I figured this weekend would be good to talk about it.
So with 99 days left on the clock-which seems like a lot but its not- and things piling up...  we really need a swift kick, some rest and a prayer ;)

Ava and I met Cyndi, Makena , and Cheeks (Matthew) at the Childrens Museum today. And when I say met .. I say saw each other in the lobby.. then dispersed then saw each other for 4 min then chased our kids then rolled our eyes at the kids attacking our kids.. then saw each other for lunch.. Let me tell you.. if you are looking to catch up with someone the Childrens Museum is NOT the place to do it.  We usually go on No Group Tuesdays.. that means NO school groups can come.. I figured we weren't doing anything Thursday how bad could it be?  Let me tell you I will NEVER go again when its NOT a Tuesday.  Pretty sure Ava got poked in the eye with a jousting stick in the Lego exhibit, had her red rake ripped out of her hands at the sensory table, got attacked, yet again, in the Lego exhibit, ran over, straddled.. you name it, it happened.. WOWZERS!  I am so worn out from this morning.. and to top it off apparently the "nap" she took in the car for 20 min on the way home was enough for her??!  Well not enough for me.. Mama needs a nap.
I was really happy to see the Japan exhibit gone... and the Lego Kingdom moved it. I felt it was more kid friendly. Things to do etc. I think its great to learn about other cultures but honestly that Japan exhibit wasn't amazing.
So we usually start off in the habitot area.. I feel Ava is kind of out growing this area, we used to be in there 30 min now it was like 10. However she climbed this netting.. I was nervous the WHOLE time!
After this we pretty much went to the Lego room.  It was great. They had a toddler area to play with Lego's (ones that they couldn't swallow)


They had a "mini castle with a slide"  She made her way up the stairs and slid down, all by herself, when did she become so adventurous?
Played at a build a castle display, and then RAN out of that room it was getting CRAZY!

Digging for pieces for her castle
We had then ventured in to the art room.  She played in some Lego Color sensory tubs and painted a picture, which I forgot to pick up before we left, it was drying on the rack :(

Playing with the red sand, red legos and red items

Blue & Water tub

She enjoyed painting



She looks so old here.. (tear)

                                                                                                                                                                                                              

We skipped the normal water tables since we spent so much time
in the art room and played with water (it was packed back there)
So we played with some gears, had a snack and went to lunch.






I was surprised, she really got what was going on and was even
trying to show an older kid what was happening. Now I am
pooped and we are having "quiet time" since shes not  napping.




No comments:

Post a Comment