February 13, 2011

Valentines Weekend

We don't FULLY celebrate Valentines day but we do kind of acknowledge it.  Since it is on Monday, and chances are we wont see much of each other tomorrow, we did all of our LOVINGNESS this weekend.  Friday we went out to dinner at Red Lobster. HA!  I really wanted to hit up Old Spaghetti Factory in Minneapolis, I hadn't been to one since 2000 when I lived in California but I knew it would at least be kid friendly. Either way we didn't go there and Tony suggested RL so we went. Well Ava was being a "toddler". This has only recently started. She used to be SO good in restaurants and now its a disaster. Tony obviously hadn't seen this side of her and didn't know what to do. Basically she was kind of loud.. I say kind of because she wasn't screaming or crying just TALKING to herself, AND the baby Snow White.  I took her to see the lobsters in the tank, that lasted 3-5 min. Her food was there when we got back. She was NOT interested so we ate as fast as we could and kept her as quiet as we could.
Then if you think our classy night couldn't get any better.. we decided to hit up the kind of sketchy mall by the RL to look at the puppies. There is a pet store there.. and they have all these sad puppies playing around in the glass windows. Once in a blue moon we stop in to see them and Ava gets a little chuckle. However she really likes the fish.  Maybe one day her and daddy can have  pet fish. I say her and daddy because I REALLY don't want to clean up/feed a fish AT ALL. So that can be their fun! :D  We came home and she passed out. I think we watched a movie that night?!?! or Maybe CSI I cant remember now.
Saturday we had another family day. Tony hung the chair rail in Lilas (lie-la)bedroom and Ava and I gave dad her gift to him.
Cellphone picture of Lilas Room

A new ceramic teapot. Its a Bee House Round Teapot. He had mentioned he was interested in a new pot so this seemed like the perfect time. We don't really purchase gifts during Valentines day but this was something he would get anyways so we paired it up. We decided on the ceramic pot because we weren't only going to be brewing one type of tea. The ceramic pot doesn't hold in the other flavors like other pots will. So I let Ava pick the color she picked this taupe color which I was happy with because it matched our dishes. And we got him a few ounces of tea so he could try some. Oh! Our purchases were made at the St Anthonys Village TeaSource! I was super happy with this store and the knowledge of the lady that helped us!  We will bring Tony so he can pick out his next few ounces.
Sunday we kind of lounged around and played. Did some marker drawings and then when Tony went in for some overtime we went outside to play. It was 47 here today.. that's CRAZY for February. The news reported that is 20 degrees above average. Its probably good to get some of the snow melted in a slow way because it will help bring the flooding down that is going to happen this spring. Ava splashed in puddles and I shoveled out the gunk from the garage. Then we went on a walk to the next block up. Played in some more puddles and made our way back to the house. We took note of the airplanes and some of the birds, as Ava LOOOOVES to point these out to us. And the whole time she was yelling WAAAATER WAAATER because it was running everywhere.. then she would go run to that puddle and splash in it.. Needless to say when we got home we were wet.  We finished up the afternoon with some finger painting and making daddy a Valentines card for when he comes home tonight. 
Apparently we like to face paint?

"Roaring" like lions

It must be starting to dry and start to itch heheheeh

Our Ava!

Daddys Valentine

 Oooh and I have to say while I am writing this I am enjoying some AMAZING caramels from the Caramel Jar in PA. Mmm Mmm Mmm! (my Valentine)
Hope you all got to spend a bit of time with your Valentines.

2 comments:

  1. You got the caramels!!!! I KNEW I should have got some ... DANG

    ReplyDelete
  2. He got me the fluer de sa(something) basically salt in french?! Mmmmmm LOVING them. Maybe you should drop J-rod a hint for your birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete